Bilingual deaf children RU-Kentalis database (PhD project E. Kolen)
investigation of the bilingual language and communication development of young deaf children in Sign Language of the Netherlands (SLN) and Dutch (D).
- 11 deaf children, longitudinal
- 5 boys and 6 girls
- 3 – 6
- prelingual deafness (hearing loss of minimally 80dB Fletcher Index on the best ear)
- no mental restrictions
- Tests: Nijmeegse Observatieschaal voor Kleuters (NOK) (SLN & D), Reynell Test voor Taalbegrip (SLN & D), Dutch version Assessing British Sign Language Development (SLN): data processed and coded in SPSS; Spider Story (SLN & D): data processed and coded in SPSS
- Semi-structured conversations with deaf and hearing adults – video recorded (SLN & D): per recording a selection of five minutes communication has been selected and transcribed in a CHAT-like format (104 recordings)
- Link to dataset at TLA: https://hdl.handle.net/1839/00-F6BC06C4-B2AD-4ED8-8527-AB81F4EF4E8F
- 4 GB complete video recordings; 1 GB selected parts video recordings; 0,1 GB selected parts transcripts; 0,5 GB test and background data
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.